Shop floor Indoor position tracking solutions
The production shop floor is an important arena where smart manufacturing companies try to attain maximum efficiency. This can be achieved by higher throughput, improved quality, workforce productivity, inventory traceability, safety – all with the help of facts and figures which help in informed decision making.
Benefits of indoor location tracking systems
- Understand the movement of pre / in production and finished goods across the shop floor
- Time spent in each of the production zones
- Compare the times across different period and understand efficiencies
- Integrate with contactless attendance systems
- Track the progress of batch production
- Tag people and production batches
- Easily track finished goods inventory
- Movement of people & related knowledge transfer
- Enforce indoor social distancing
Our indoor location tracking solutions are playing a big role in improving the bottom line of manufacturing plants. Especially in sectors such as electronics and semiconductor equipment factories, the products pass through different stages and their movement, along with the workforce activities within various zones and the time spent in each of these zones determines the overall efficiency and quality of the final output.
However, the installation of such matric measurement technologies has been either extremely complex to deploy, expensive to procure, hassles of wiring, powering and maintenance. These factors have been detrimental in deploying such productivity solutions in manufacturing.
With the advent of Bluetooth Low Energy sensor devices, the deployed devices and batteries sustain much longer lives, become affordable and easy to deploy.
The innovation in BLE mesh technology from leaders such as Wirepas has made technology accessible and adaptable for manufacturing companies to deploy on a large scale.